1 lb of lasagna noodles
3 tbs. olive oil
Mozzarella cheese ( I use the shredded, it’s easier probably need two packages)
Ricotta cheese (I buy the medium size, I think it’s 3 lbs.)
- Put water in pot & boil.
- When water comes to a boil, put the noodles in. You can put oil in the water, it keeps the noodles from sticking together.
- Cook about 15 minutes.
- When noodles are done, drain & rinse. Lay them flat on paper towels. I pat dry the tops too, so it doesn’t get too watery.
- Spread ricotta cheese over the noodles.
- Cut noodles to size of pyrex or pan you are using.
- Start assembling with a little sauce covering the bottom of the pan.
- Lay in the lasagna noodles and sprinkle a mozzarella cheese over
- Put a little sauce over.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese.
- Then repeat lasagna noodles, mozzarella cheese, sauce & sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- ALTERNATE DIRECTIONS OF LAYING THE LASNAGNA NOODLES IN THE PAN. FIRST EAST/WEST AND THEN NORTH/SOUTH SO THEY CRISSCROSS
- Make as many layers as will fit in your pan. (probably 3-5)
- Bake covered 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Noodles are already cooked so it’s really just to melt the cheese and heat everything up.
- The sauce will probably be bubbling a little.
- I don’t use too much sauce in between each layer because then it gets really saucy. Unless you like it like that. However, you can always add a little sauce to each serving as you eat it if you want it more saucy.